This juicy steak and cheese is prepped with a spicier twist. You’ll never order a regular steak and cheese sub again after trying this animal!
1 lb shaved ribeye steak
1/2 yellow onion
1–2 cups pepperoni
1 cup banana peppers
1/4 cup calabrian chili mayo (mayo, calabrian chili pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper)
1/4 lb sliced provolone cheese
2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce
1 sub roll
2 tbsp grated romano cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Slice onions into ¼ inch thick slices, fry in oil with salt and pepper until just starting to sear.
- Slice pepperoni into thin slices. Add to the pan with onions, let cook for a minute, and push off to the side.
- Add shaved ribeye to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, and let sear.
- When the bottom of the ribeye is done cooking, flip, season with more salt and pepper, and use a spatula or wooden spoon to break it apart.
- Add banana peppers to the mix.
- When the steak is done cooking, mix all of the ingredients together and let sit for a few minutes.
- Push everything together and layer with some provolone cheese. Hit the pan with a little bit of water, cover, and let sit.
- Cut the sub roll in half and spread some calabrian chili mayo on each side.
- Fill sub roll with ingredients from the pan. Top with marinara sauce and grated cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes