1 lb of boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
1 lb of fresh broccoli
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 lb of ziti or rigatoni
1 quart of chicken broth
6–8 fresh garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, minced
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 pint of ricotta cheese
1 cup of tomato sauce
1 pint of grated parmesan cheese
1/2 lb of provolone cheese, dices
1 pint of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pint of Alfredo sauce
Salt and pepper
- Coat pieces of chicken with flour and season with salt and pepper
- Heat ½ of the olive in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken on all sides. Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the pan while the chicken sears. Allow chicken to cook all the way through and set it aside. It will take about 5 minutes to cook the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl add broccoli florets, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss to completely coat the broccoli.
- Put broccoli on a sheet pan and roast it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. Chop cooked broccoli into 1 inch pieces.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Replace half of the water you would normally use with chicken broth. When pasta is done, drain it and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, diced provolone, parsley, tomato sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked chicken, broccoli and ziti to the bowl with the ricotta mixture and combine everything thoroughly.
- Spread a thin layer of Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a baking dish
- Add ½ of the chicken, broccoli and pasta mixture to the pan and spread it evenly
- Add ½ of the mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta mixture
- Add ½ cup of Alfredo sauce on top of the mozzarella cheese
- Add the rest of the chicken, broccoli and pasta mixture and spread it evenly
- Add the rest of the Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan
- Bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes.