- Chicken Wings: Go to the grocery store and pick up a bag of frozen chicken wings. You’ll find them just about everywhere.
- Olive oil: Use a pretty good olive oil. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but if you have a little extra virgin olive oil in the cabinet, you can use it for this recipe.
- Salt: I prefer Kosher salt or sea salt when I cook.
- Black pepper: I suggest freshly cracked black pepper.
- Dry Rub: If you want to add some extra flavor you can whip up an easy dry rub with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar.
- Hot Sauce: I like Frank’s Red Hot, but you can use a different brand if you want.
- Butter: Melt some butter in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
- Dipping Sauce: Use your favorite dipping sauce. Blue cheese or Ranch are always good.
- First, preheat the air fryer to 400 °F degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take your frozen chicken wings and in a single layer place them in the air fryer basket. Don’t bunch them up. For the best results, space them out enough so the air can circulate between the wings.
- For the first time around, the cooking time will be 12-15 minutes. This will start the cooking process.
- Now remove the wings from the air fryer and toss them in the olive oil and season them with the salt, pepper and the dry rub if you’re using one. When you add oil it gives flavor to the wings and helps get a crispy skin.
- The second cook time will be a little longer. Put the seasoned and oiled wings in the bottom of the basket again and be sure to space them out. Put them back in the air fryer for another 20 minutes of cooking.
- When the wings come to an internal temperature of 165 °F degrees Fahrenheit they are completely cooked. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Just pull out a wing and test it in the middle of the thickest point.
- Now put your cooked wings in a large bowl. It’s time to make the Buffalo sauce. Add the hot sauce and butter to the bowl. Toss them around and get them nice and coated. Use tongs to make it easier if you have them. If for some reason Buffalo isn’t your favorite wing sauce, feel free to toss them in something else. I go back and forth on my favorite sauce. I love a good honey bbq sauce. I have a really easy recipe for it that I’ll post soon.
- Once your wings are coated in a great sauce, put them on a plate and serve them with blue cheese dressing or Ranch dressing.