2 cans of tomato puree (28 oz.)
1 diced onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 lb fresh meatballs
1 lb sausage
1 lb pork butt
3 cups ricotta cheese
1/4 lb provolone cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded, low moisture)
2 tbsp grated Romano cheese
1 lb. lasagna sheets
Salt & pepper to taste
Basil to taste
1 tbsp parsley
- Heat oven to 400.
- In the meantime, make some tomato sauce. Sauté the garlic cloves and diced onion in a saucepan, then add the sausages and pork and allow them to brown.
- Add the tomato puree, bring it to a boil and then lower the heat.
- Sear the meatballs with olive oil in another saucepan, then add them to the sauce and let them simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside the tomato sauce.
- Combine ricotta cheese, pecorino Romano, part of the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and parsley in a large bowl. Mix with a spoon until ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Break up meatballs, pork and sausages into bite sized pieces.
- Boil lasagna sheets until al dente, drizzling olive oil between each cooked lasagna noodle.
- Spread tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking sheet
- Cover sauce with lasagna sheets.
- Add ricotta mixture and spread evenly
- Add provolone slices to fully cover the ricotta mixture
- Add pork, sausages and meatballs pieces and distribute evenly.
- Add more sauce and grated cheese.
- Repeat this process until your layers reach the top of the pan.
- Top layer should be lasagna sheets, tomato sauce, mozzarella, pecorino Romano, and basil.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. The cheese on top is melted, bubbling, and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes before cutting into it.
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Lasagna
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian