1 lb bag of frozen green beans
1 cup of cubed pancetta
½ an onion sliced thin
3 garlic cloves chopped fine
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes or tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil on medium heat and add pancetta cubes.
- Allow the pancetta to become crisp, which should be about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced onion to the same pan as the pancetta and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Allow the garlic to brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen green beans to the pan and turn up the stove to medium-high heat. Toss the green beans into the onions and garlic and allow to cook for about 5 more minutes or until green beans defrost
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and season again with salt and pepper. Let everything cook together for about 10 minutes. During the last 2 minutes add half of the parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a plate and finish with more grated parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25