- 33 fl oz unsweetened soy milk
- 1 fl oz organic fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- (optional) 2 tsp fine salt,
- (optional) ground black pepper to taste
- (optional) fresh herbs of your liking
- a cheesecloth
- a glass bowl
- a ricotta strainer
- a colander
- Heat soy milk in a pot until it starts making bubbles, then pour it into a glass bowl and mix with lemon juice for about one minute.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the soy milk acidify for 10 minutes.
- Cover a colander with a cheesecloth and pour the acidified soy milk into it, letting the curd stay in the cloth and the whey sift into a bigger bowl below.
- Put everything in the refrigerator and leave it there for 90 minutes, adding salt, herbs, and spices halfway through the process.
- Close the cloth around the curd ball that has formed, and squeeze well to take out the remaining whey. Transfer the curd into a ricotta strainer and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Store the nut-free vegan ricotta in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 days. You can use the leftover whey for other recipes.
- Prep Time: 110 Minutes
- Active Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Cheese
Keywords: nut free vegan ricotta, dairy-free cheese, vegan recipes, vegan ricotta, best nut-free ricotta.