These are the same mozzarella sticks that we serve to our customers at Mortadella Head. They’re big, they’re thick, and they taste awesome. Here’s how you can make them at home in about 14 minutes!
- 1 lb. block of whole milk low moisture mozzarella;
- 2 cups all-purpose flour;
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs;
- 4 eggs;
- 2 cups olive oil;
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder;
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley;
- 3 teaspoons salt;
- 3 teaspoons black pepper;
- Cut your cheese into sticks that are about 1 inch square and 5 inches long
- Beat your eggs.
- Set up a breading station putting flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate plates.
- Distribute garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley evenly among flour, eggs, and bread crumbs and mix well.
- Perform the breading process on each cheese stick. Dredge in flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs.
- Do this twice for a crunchier crust.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- When oil reaches 350 degrees carefully place breaded mozzarella sticks in oil.
- As each side begins to turn golden brown, flip to completely cook the entire mozzarella stick. The total cooking time for each mozzarella stick is about 3 minutes.
- Transfer cooked mozzarella sticks to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Warm-up your favorite tomato sauce and serve on the side for dipping.
- Remember to roll each stick in the breadcrumbs twice. This will give them enough crust to keep the cheese in during the frying process.
- Don’t rush things. When you’re frying your sticks, give each of them enough space in the pan. the frying pan. You want enough room so that each mozzarella stick has a chance to get the love it deserves.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 4
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Deep-fry
- Serving Size: A bucket's worth
- Calories: 1507
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 2264.3 mg
- Fat: 122.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 90 g
- Protein: 22.1 g
- Cholesterol: 192.3 mg
Keywords: homemade mozzarella sticks, mozzarella sticks recipe