4–6 pork chops, bone-in or boneless (about 1 inch thick)
4–6 slices of prosciutto
4–6 slices of fontina cheese
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 liter of Marsala wine
1/4 stick of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Make a slit in pork chops using the sharp point of a chef’s knife.
- Insert a slice of cheese and a slice of prosciutto into each pork chop.
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel.
- Season each pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
Sear pork chops on both sides and set aside. It should take 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan and allow mushrooms to soften and brown.
- Add Marsala wine to the pan and scrape up any brown bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Turn up the heat to high and bring it to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium and add butter.
- Stir in butter and let everything simmer until Marsala reduces by half.
- When the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon the sauce is done.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Meat