1 lb ground 80/20 beef
1 lb of ground pork
5 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 cup grated Romano cheese
2 cups of light olive oil or other neutral-flavored oil (choose one with a smoking point higher than 350°F)
Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. I like to use my hands because you can really get everything incorporated nicely.
- Form the meatballs with your hands. I try to get the meatballs about the size of a golf ball. I think that size is perfect for soaking up the sauce and staying nice and moist.
- Add a half inch of oil to a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Bring the oil to about 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Coat the raw meatballs in breadcrumbs.
- Fry the meatballs in the hot oil for 4-5 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Place cooked meatballs on a paper towel lined plate to soak up the excess oil.
- Prep Time: 10
- Resting time: 20
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Meatballs
- Method: Fried