10 oz Feta cheese
10 oz date tomatoes
1 loaf of ciabatta bread
extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 fresh garlic clove
balsamic vinegar glaze (optional)
1 red onion or a leek (optional)
Let’s create a delicious Feta Bruschetta following these steps:
- Begin by dicing the feta cheese and tomatoes into small cubes. Using a kitchen knife, finely chop the fresh parsley and basil leaves to add a burst of herbal fragrance to our topping.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F) to achieve that perfect toasting temperature.
- Combine tomatoes, diced feta and herbs in a medium bowl. If you decide to use the optional onion/leek, chop it finely and add it as well. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the mixture, ensuring all the ingredients are coated in its golden embrace. This bruschetta mixture will be the vibrant heart of our dish.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, arrange several slices of ciabatta bread. Gently brush each slice with a touch of olive oil.
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven, allowing the bread to become golden brown. It will take just a little over 15 minutes, so remember to turn the slices halfway through this process, ensuring both sides attain that desirable hue.
- Once the slices are gloriously toasted, retrieve them from the oven. Give them a few moments to cool down, and then take a garlic clove and rub it over each slice. This intimate touch of garlic will grace the bread with an enticing aroma and flavor.
- Arrange the garlic-kissed bread slices on a serving plate, and start assembling your bruschetta. Spoon the prepared bruschetta mixture over each slice, making sure to distribute the feta, tomatoes, and aromatic herbs with a touch of precision.
- To elevate this masterpiece, drizzle a delicate stream of balsamic glaze over the bruschetta. This final touch will provide a harmonious contrast, complementing the vibrant flavors and textures we’ve orchestrated.
And there you have it – a splendid Feta Bruschetta that is sure to captivate your senses. Feel free to share your experience and thoughts below. Happy culinary adventures!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Apetizers
- Cuisine: Italian