A tasty salad from Southern Italy, made of just a few healthy ingredients. Use it as your next appetizer or side dish!
4 San Marzano tomatoes
1 pound buffalo mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 pinch of fine salt
- Cut the tomatoes and the buffalo mozzarella into 1/4″ thick slices.
- Lay the tomato slices on a large tray or plate, creating a bottom layer.
- Lay a slice of mozzarella on top of each piece of tomato.
- Now add a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Garnish with the basil leaves.
The nutrition information below is calculated automatically by an online tool at verywellfit.com. It might not be always accurate, and if you rely on this information for your diet we recommend double checking with your own tools.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 person
- Calories: 375
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fat: 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 15.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: caprese salad, insalata caprese