Frozen pork chops, pork roast or pork but
3 28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups 1/4 inch diced yellow onion
2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon black pepper
6 to 8 fresh basil leaves
2 1/2 cups of water
- Place stock pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add frozen pork and sear on all sides until golden brown. Remove from pot and set aside on a plate.
- Add onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute on medium heat until onions turn translucent. This should be approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the pork back to the pot and season it with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, bring heat down to a simmer.
- Add basil leaves. Let it simmer on low heat for at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours if you really want a thick, rich sauce.
- Stir often so it doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 240
- Category: Tomato sauces