Ingredients for the chicken cutlets:
1–2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
2 cups of breadcrumbs, seasoned
4 eggs, beaten and seasoned
2 cups of flour, seasoned
Canola oil for frying
Ingredients for the ricotta mixture:
32 ounces of ricotta cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup of pasta sauce
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Salt, black pepper, crushed red peppers
Ingredients for the lasagna:
One package of lasagna noodles, cooked until al dente in a large pot of salted water, and with olive oil on top of noodles to prevent sticking
1–2 cups of fresh alfredo sauce
1 cup of roasted broccoli rabe
½ cup fresh mozzarella cheese
¼ lb sliced provolone cheese
Grated Romano cheese, to taste
Making the chicken cutlets:
- Bread the cutlets in flour, then the egg wash and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in canola oil in a large skillet on medium high heat until golden brown on both sides.
Making the ricotta mixture:
- Get a medium or large mixing bowl
- Put everything in the medium bowl and mix thoroughly, until you get a nice creamy ricotta cheese mixture
Making the lasagna:
- Pre heat oven to 375°
- Using a lasagna tray or baking dish, spread a thin layer of alfredo sauce over the bottom of the pan (not a pool of sauce!). Place provolone cheese on top, along with more sauce, a few scoops of the ricotta mixture, and grated Romano cheese. Cover with another lasagna sheet.
- Repeat step #2 once more, adding half of the chopped chicken cutlets and broccoli rabe to the layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers as many times as you would like with the lasagna sheets, cheese, chicken cutlets, and broccoli rabe.
- To top your lasagna, place one final layer of pasta over the entire pan, with a light layer of Alfredo sauce. Add half cup of mozzarella cheese and grated Romano cheese to the top of the dish, and place in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown over the top layer, checking frequently.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20
- Resting Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Lasagna
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian-American
Keywords: classico lasagna recipe