1 lb of ground beef
4 slices of American cheese
1/2 Spanish onion, diced
1/4 head of Iceberg lettuce, shredded
6 slices of tomato
6–8 dill pickle chips
2 sub rolls
1 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons Ketchup
2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat
- Add ground beef to the pan and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- When the meat begins to brown, after approximately 3 minutes, break it up with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Move the meat over to the side of the pan and add the chopped onions. Let the onions cook until golden brown.
- Mix all of the beef and onions together and divide the meat mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Top each pile with 2 slices of American cheese and let it melt.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter your roll and toast it in the oven on a sheet pan for about 3 minutes or until warm and golden brown.
- Remove the roll from the oven and add mayonnaise and ketchup to both sides of the roll.
- Layer on the shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes and pickles.
- Stuff each roll with the cheesy meat mixture.
- Close up your sandwich and take a bite.
- Prep Time: 12
- Cook Time: 3
- Category: Subs