1 yellow onion, sliced
1 package of baby bella mushrooms
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Slice your onions into thick, 1 inch slices.
- Slice your mushrooms in ½ inch slices.
- Finely mince 4 cloves of garlic.
- Toss the garlic, onions, and mushrooms in a mixing bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Use your hands to incorporate the seasonings into the onions and mushrooms, making sure that each and every slice is thoroughly coated.
- Spread the onions and mushrooms evenly across a baking sheet, and put it in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- About halfway through, take the pan out and shake the onions and mushrooms around, making sure that none of it is sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- You’ll know onions and mushrooms are done cooking when onions are golden brown and translucent, and mushrooms have reduced in size.
- Serve this on top of steak or pork chops, alongside sliced sausages, or on top of pizza.
- Buon appetito!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Side dishes
- Method: Baking