1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 whole onion, sliced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Get a large frying pan and put in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put the pan on medium heat and add the sliced peppers. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Let the peppers begin to soften up in the pan for about 5 minutes. Stir them and move them around if they start to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add your sliced onions and turn the pan up to medium high heat. Season the onions with salt and pepper and add an additional small amount of oil to the pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low heat and cook everything very slowly for about 20 minutes.
- As the onions start to caramelize and the peppers become very soft, the pan might start to lose moisture. If this happens, you can add a tablespoon of water at a time to avoid burning.
- Add a tablespoon of vinegar and a tablespoon of water to the pan. Turn the stove up to medium high heat and scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to avoid sticking.
- When the liquid completely reduces, transfer the peppers and onions to a plate.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Side Dishes