1 lb of fresh tomatoes
3–4 clove of garlic
½ of a large onion, diced
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4–5 leaves of fresh basil
Salt and pepper
1 lb of spaghetti
- Boil salted water on the stove in a large pot.
- Now wash the tomatoes. With the tip of your knife, pop out the little part where the stem was. Cut a little “X” in the bottom of the tomato.
- Place your tomatoes in the boiling water for about 10 minutes. Take them out and let them cool off. Keep the boiling water aside.
- Peel the skin off of the tomatoes. That little “X” you cut on the button makes it easy.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes in half and scoop out some of the seeds. Get as many as you can.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender or food processor and puree them.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet on low heat. Add sliced garlic and diced onion. Let them cook for about 10 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Pour in your tomatoes from the blender and bring it to a boil on high heat. When it starts to boil turn it down to medium heat and let it simmer.
- Add some salt and pepper and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- When the pasta is cooked to al dente, drain it and add it to the skillet with your fresh tomato sauce.
- Add some grated Romano cheese and fresh basil. Toss it around until all of the spaghetti is coated.
- Transfer it to a plate and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Cooked
- Cuisine: Italian