32 flat butter cookies
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup coffee
chocolate chips to taste (alternatively, you can take a chocolate bar and chop it finely)
- Make the coffee and let it cool. This cake is usually made with espresso, but if you don’t have a mocha at home you can use whatever kind of coffee you like best.
- Take the whipping cream out of the refrigerator. It is important to keep it in a cold place for at least an hour before you start, otherwise it will not whip well.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until stiff, gradually adding the sugar. The stiffer the better.
- Soak half the cookies in coffee, and use them to create a first layer in the bottom of a baking dish or cake mold.
- Add half of the whipped cream, and spread it on top of the cookies.
- Make a second layer of soaked cookies, and add the rest of the cream, spreading it evenly.
- Add the chocolate chips on top, and let chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour before serving.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cooling time: 30
- Category: Cakes