16 oz of Baby Spinach
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
1/2 of a fresh lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the skillet and turn the stove on low heat.
- Let the garlic cook for about 3-5 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
- Add your spinach to the pan and season it with a generous pinch of salt and some black pepper. If your pan will not hold all of the raw spinach, do it in batches and allow some spinach to wilt in the pan before you add more.
- After you add the spinach to the pan turn the stove up to medium heat.
- Toss the spinach in the olive oil and garlic for about 5 minutes on medium heat or until the spinach is completely wilted.
- Add your grated parmesan cheese and a small amount of water to the pan.
- Turn up the stove to medium-high heat. Toss the spinach and grated parmesan in the pan for about one minute. Add more salt if necessary.
- When the grated parmesan cheese is melted and incorporated into the spinach add a good squeeze of lemon juice to the pan and give it a couple final tosses.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 13
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Sauteeing
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian sauteed spinach