12 frozen meatballs
2 quarts of tomato sauce
Or, if you’re making meatballs from scratch:
1 lb ground 80/20 beef
1 lb of ground pork
5 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 cup grated Romano cheese
To make the meatballs:
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. I like to use my hands because you can really get everything incorporated nicely.
- Form the meatballs with your hands. I try to get the meatballs about the size of a golf ball. I think that size is perfect for soaking up the sauce and staying nice and moist.
- Place the meatballs on a baking dish and freeze them for 4-6 hours. Then, keep ’em in the freezer until you need them.
To cook frozen meatballs:
- In a large skillet or pot, heat your tomato sauce on medium-high heat.
- Add your meatballs to the sauce and bring it to a boil. Turn the stove down to medium-low heat and allow the meatballs to simmer for about 30 minutes or longer.
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Meatballs
- Method: Cooked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: frozen meatballs, how to cook frozen meatballs on the stove