32 oz ravioli
2 celery sticks
1 jar of tomato sauce
32 oz tomato sauce
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup milk
fine & coarse salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
basil leaves to taste
extra-virgin olive oil
- Dice the vegetables as finely as possible.
- Remove the skin from the sausages and coarsely chop them into small pieces.
- Oil a large saucepan and sauté the celery and carrot for a couple of minutes on low heat.
- Add the sausages, and after about half a minute add the onions as well.
- When the sausages begin to brown, add the red wine to deglaze. This will balance their flavor and give your sauce a better texture. Let the wine evaporate completely while stirring well.
- When it is the wine has evaporated, turn the stove on low heat, add the tomato sauce along with a ladle of water, give it a stir, and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- After about 40 to 45 minutes, fill a pot with water and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, give the sauce a stir and add the salt and spices/herbs.
- When the water boils, salt it and add the dumplings.
- Add the milk to the sauce and stir again. This will help counterbalance the acidity of the tomato and make it more full-bodied.
- After about 5 minutes, the ravioli should float on the surface of the water. This means they are ready.
- Drain the ravioli, toss with the sauce, and enjoy along with a full-bodied red wine or golden lager beer.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ravioli, comfort dinner