Super easy recipe for those evenings when you just need something quick and delicious!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, boil water with some salt to cook the fettuccine based on what it says on the package instructions.
- In a large saucepan or large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Tip: If you plan to make chicken alfredo, add it here.
- Add the minced garlic to the melted butter and sauté for about 1-2 minutes, or until it becomes fragrant – but be careful not to let it brown.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir to combine with the butter and garlic – turn it down to medium-low heat. Now, allow the mixture to gently simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Next, gradually add the grated Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously to melt it into the sauce.
- Then continue to simmer and stir until the sauce thickens and the cheese is fully incorporated – this should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Season the Alfredo sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. If desired, add a pinch of ground nutmeg for a hint of warmth and depth in flavor. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Let the sauce simmer for a few more minutes to thicken to your liking – just remember that it will continue to thicken and reduce as it cools. (If it gets too thick, just add some pasta water)
- Lastly, once the sauce reaches your desired consistency, remove it from heat.
Serve it over fresh fettuccine or your favorite pasta!
If you liked it, share this recipe with loved ones!