1 can of Mortadella Head’s Bolognese Sauce
8 lasagna sheets
12 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
16 oz fresh whole milk ricotta
13 oz spinach
olive oil to taste
ground black pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
Start by pre-heating your oven to 356° F. In the meantime, bring some water to a boil in a pot.
Making the ricotta mix:
- Heat the spinach in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta with 6 tbsp grated parmesan and the spices.
- Take the spinach away from the heat, remove the excess water, and when they’ve cooled down a little, blend them.
- Combine with the ricotta cheese mixture, add the lemon juice, and mix again.
Assembling the cannelloni:
- When the water is boiling, add the lasagna sheets one by one and let them boil for 1 minute each, then set them aside.
- Place 1 or 2 tbsp of ricotta mix on each lasagna sheet and roll everything up
- Take a baking dish and layer some of the meat sauce over its bottom.
- Add the rolled up cannelloni to form a single pasta layer.
- Add the rest of the bolognese sauce and the remaining 6 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 356° F for 40 minutes.
For best results, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the central part of the oven for the first 25 minutes. Then remove the foil and move the baking dish to the highest part of the oven, and wait another 10 minutes. Finally, switch to the grill function for the last 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian