4 Italian sausages
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 Spanish onion or yellow onion
Kosher salt to taste
Olive oil to taste
Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Take your peppers and onions and cut them into one inch strips with a sharp knife.
- Toss your vegetables in olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 °F degrees for about 3 minutes.
- Now add the seasoned peppers and onions to the air fryer basket and cook them for about 12-15 minutes. The cooking time of this step will depend on how you like your veggies cooked. Give them a toss after about 7 minutes.
- Remove the peppers and onions from the air fryer basket and set them aside on a plate.
- Increase the temperature of the air fryer to 400 °F degrees.
- Grab your uncooked sausages and place them in a single layer in the basket. The cooking time on this step will depend on the size of the sausages you use. The bigger the thickness of the sausage, the more time in the air fryer. Adjust the time based on the size of the sausage links.
- For standard Italian sausages, cook for at least 12 minutes, and make sure you flip them at the halfway point.
- According to the USDA, the internal temperature of the sausage should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a digital meat thermometer to check them out if you want.
- When the sausages are done add them to the plate of peppers and onions.
You need to lay the sausages on a single layer, and most air fryer buckets are not big enough to cook Italian sausages in big batches. If you’re cooking for many people, you may have to repeat the process.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Air Fryer Recipes
- Method: Air Frying
Keywords: air fryer sausage, italian sausages, air fryer recipes