18 oz fresh ricotta
11 oz flour
1/2 oz grated parmesan cheese
20 date tomatoes
1 tbsp fine salt
1 handful of coarse salt
Nutmeg powder to taste
Parmesan flakes to taste
Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- Put the ricotta cheese in a bowl and mix it with a fork to soften it. After that add the parmesan, egg, salt and nutmeg. Mix well until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour a little at a time, and mix with your hands until you get a dough ball.
- Move the dough ball to a floured work surface, and make strings out of it, about 1-inch thick.
- Cut out the gnocchi with a knife or dough cutter.
- Wash your date tomatoes, cut them into small pieces and toss them in a saucepan with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Meanwhile, fill 3/4 of a pot with lukewarm water and bring it to a boil. After that, add a handful of coarse salt, wait another minute, and add your gnocchi. Since they’re homemade, there is no specific cooking time. When they are ready, you will see them rise to the surface of the water. The process should take less than 5 minutes.
- When the gnocchi are ready, drain them and put them in a bowl along with some parmesan flakes. After that, add the contents of the saucepan and mix well. If you wish, you can add some fresh herbs such as basil or parsley. Garnish with some more parmesan flakes, and you’re good to go.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ricotta gnocchi, ricotta gnocchi recipe, how to make ricotta gnocchi